Almond & Oat Pancakes
Pancakes, griddlecakes, crepes...there are hundreds of variations of this simple and delicious breakfast. These almond oat pancakes are made without white flour and sugar. Instead, oatmeal, almond flour and bananas provide the flavor and fluffiness.
Preparation Time10 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
- 150 g oats
- 50 g almond flour
- 300 ml Dream & Joya Almond Oat Drink
- 3 piece/s ripe bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 tbsp sparkling water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Chopped nuts or flaked almonds for decoration
- Beat the oats into oatmeal using a food processor. Mix in the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mash two bananas using a fork and mix with the Almond Oat Drink. Slice one banana and set aside for serving.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and stir. Let the mixture steep for approx. 10 mins. For extra fluffy pancakes, add a dash of mineral water before baking. If the dough is too runny, add more oatmeal.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and cook the almond & oat pancakes. Only cook the pancakes over a medium heat and flip once bubbles have formed on the top.
- Serve the pancakes with banana slices, maple syrup and chopped nuts or almonds.
Try the almond & oat pancakes with fresh berries and a dollop of Joya Soya Organic Vanilla Yogurt Alternative!