Almond rice pudding
The classic rice pudding is made here with almond instead of cow's milk and little sugar. Tastes like a warm breakfast or a fruity dessert.
Preparation Time20 min.
Waiting Time15 min.
- 200 g medium grain rice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 1 tbsp white almond butter
- 2 tbsp blanched almonds
- 2 piece/s pears
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 5 piece/s mint leaves
- 1 l Joya Almond Drink
- Put the Almond Drink, 1 pinch of salt and the rice into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then simmer for about 20-25 minutes over a low heat.
- In the meantime finely dice the pears and reserve some pieces for garnishing. Chop the almonds, lightly brown them in a pan without oil and set aside.
- Just before the rice pudding cooking time is up, stir in the cinnamon, ginger, orange zest and the pears. Combine the ready-cooked rice with the almond butter and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Garnish with cranberries, a slice of orange and some cocktail mint.
Delicious served both hot or cold!
View all Recipes
Vegan Germknödel ‒ fluffy dumplings with plum jam