Beets contain a lot of iron and minerals. The spicy horseradishes the taste really well!
Preparation Time15 min.
Waiting Time15 min.
- 100 g Joya Soya Yogurt Alternative Natural
- 200 ml Joya Organic Oat Cuisine
- 250 g beetroots
- 200 g potatoes
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 Stk. onion
- 20 g horseradish
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Peel the onion, potatoes and beetroot and finely chop them. Grate the horseradish.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and lightly sweat the onion. Then add the potatoes and the beetroot and steam lightly.
- Pour over the vegetable broth and cook for about 15 minutes until soft. Add half of the horseradish and puree using a food processor or stick blender.
- Add the Joya Organic Oat Cooking Cream and put back on the heat. Season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar and nutmeg.
- Combine Joya Organic Yogurt Alternative with the remaining horseradish, salt and pepper and use a spoonful of it to garnish the beetroot soup.
Instead of freshly grated horseradish you can also use horseradish from a jar.
For extra spiciness add a thumb-sized piece of ginger to the soup before pureeing.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango