Castagnaccio is a Tuscan specialty made from chestnut flour. This typically autumnal dessert is specifically made after the chestnut harvest in September and October. This version from Daniela Lais is gluten-free and contains no refined sugar. Raisins soaked in rum provide extra flavor. A dollop of fresh Coconut Yogurt Alternative brings out the wonderful flavors.
Preparation Time40 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
- 240 g chestnut flour
- 400 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 20 g raisins
- 40 g pine nuts
- 0.5 tsp rosemary
- 200 g Dream & Joya Coconut Yogurt Alternative Natural
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the chestnut flour with water, olive oil and rice syrup until smooth.
- Soak the raisins in rum, drain, chop coarsely. Roast the pine nuts in a frying pan until golden brown, allow to cool and chop coarsely.
- Add the raisins, pine nuts and chopped rosemary to the dough. Grease the tins with lots of olive oil, pour in the dough and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. The surface should be cracked.
- Serve with Joya Coconut Yogurt Alternative Natural and, optionally, roasted pine nuts.
Many thanks to Daniela Lais for this recipe!