Castagnaccio is a Tuscan specialty made from chestnut flour. This typically autumnal dessert is specifically made after the chestnut harvest in September and October. This version from Daniela Lais is gluten-free and contains no refined sugar. Raisins soaked in rum provide extra flavor. A dollop of fresh Coconut Yogurt Alternative brings out the wonderful flavors.
Preparation Time40 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
- 240 g chestnut flour
- 400 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 20 g raisins
- 40 g pine nuts
- 0.5 tsp rosemary
- 200 g Dream & Joya Coconut Yogurt Alternative Natural
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the chestnut flour with water, olive oil and rice syrup until smooth.
- Soak the raisins in rum, drain, chop coarsely. Roast the pine nuts in a frying pan until golden brown, allow to cool and chop coarsely.
- Add the raisins, pine nuts and chopped rosemary to the dough. Grease the tins with lots of olive oil, pour in the dough and bake for 35 - 40 minutes. The surface should be cracked.
- Serve with Joya Coconut Yogurt Alternative Natural and, optionally, roasted pine nuts.
Many thanks to Daniela Lais for this recipe!
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Veganista’s Cookie Ice Cream
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes