Creamy Pear Cake
Ripe pears and the Joya Organic Soya Yogurt Alternative Vanilla give this fine pear cake its flavor.
Preparation Time60 min.
Waiting Time40 min.
- 500 g Dream & Joya Organic Soya Yogurt Alternative Vanilla
- 150 g wheat flour
- 150 g whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 150 g cane sugar
- 1 g baking powder
- 170 ml rapeseed oil
- 150 ml sparkling water
- 4 piece/s pears
- 60 g sugar
- 1 piece/s lemon zest
- 15 g cornstarch
- 80 g almond flake
- 1 g vanilla sugar
- 2 g soy cream
- 150 ml Joya Organic Soya Drink
- For the dough, mix the two types of flour with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp starch, baking powder and cane sugar using a whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk together 120 ml of rapeseed oil and the Joya Organic Soya Drink. Put everything to one side. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 24 cm springform tin with baking paper. Peel and core the pears and cut into quarters. Stew them with a little water and some vanilla sugar in a covered pan until soft - they should still be firm to the bite and should not disintegrate.
- Leave half a pear in the pan and stew until soft, then mash. Put the rest of the pears to one side. Now whisk the mashed pears into the Joya Organic Soya Drink and oil mixture. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture. Then add mineral water and fold in quickly with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the tin. For the cream, mix the Joya Organic Soya Yogurt Alternative Vanilla with the rest of the ingredients (sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, rapeseed oil, starch) until everything is evenly distributed.
- Then very carefully put this mixture on top of the batter and smooth it out. Cut the pears into cubes that are not too big and spread them evenly on top of the cream layer, press lightly. Bake for 60 minutes.
- The dough will rise at the sides and form a border, a Yogurt Alternative filling is created in the middle. Allow the cake to cool well (preferably overnight, the Yogurt Alternative needs to set), then beat the soy sauce until stiff, spread it on top and smoothen. Sprinkle cinnamon over the pear cake and decorate with roasted flaked almonds.
Many thanks to Daniela Lais for this great recipe.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango