Fennel Apricot Barbecue Salad with Labneh
Popular in the Middle East, Labneh is a sour milk product whose consistency is reminiscent of cream cheese. Its unique flavor is indescribable, so it was high time to introduce this plant-based alternative! With a little patience, it's easy to make yourself and is the perfect accompaniment to fresh summer barbecue salads!
Preparation Time1440 min.
Waiting Time30 min.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 piece/s lemon (juice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 500 g Dream & Joya Almond Yogurt Alternative Natural
- 1 TL salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 piece/s fennel bulb
- 4 piece/s apricots
- 2 handful salad
- 2 piece/s spring onion
- 2 tbsp sesame
- The day before, mix the Dream & Joya Almond with Yogurt Cultures Natural with the salt and lemon juice. Place a clean kitchen cloth into a sieve and put the sieve into a bowl so that the labneh can drain away. Place the mixture into the kitchen cloth, twist the cloth tightly, and secure with a rubber band. Store in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- For the salad, slice the fennel, quarter and de-stone the apricots, and grill both in a grill pan (alternatively, use a little olive oil in a pan).
- For the dressing, mix well the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and salt & pepper.
- Serve the labneh on two plates, wash the salad, and put on the plates. Then scatter the grilled fennel and apricots over the plates. Finely chop the spring onion and sprinkle over the salad with the sesame seeds.
- Drizzle the dressing over it and serve.