The special ingredient in Golden Milk is turmeric. The curcumin in turmeric is said to have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and supports digestion and the liver. The exotic-scented drink warms you from the inside and tastes like distant lands.
Waiting Time15 min.
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 100 g water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave syrup or honey
- 250 ml Dream & Joya Coconut Drink Barista
- As a basic ingredient for golden milk, a turmeric paste is first produced. Heat the turmeric powder and water in a small pan, stirring constantly. When it has formed a thick paste, remove from the heat. In an airtight container, the paste will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
- Heat the Coconut Barista and add a teaspoon of turmeric paste. Stir with a whisk and bring to the boil. Add the agave syrup or honey and pepper.
- Pour into a mug, top it with some Coconut Barista foam and then add a dash of oil.