Juicy Pumpkin Slices
American pumpkin pie is the inspiration for these pumpkin slices. They taste of autumnal spices and are soft and moist like brownies.
Preparation Time60 min.
Waiting Time35 min.
- 120 ml Joya Organic Oat Drink
- 1 piece/s small Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 110 g margarine
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 piece/s eggs
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200 g spelt flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Core the pumpkin and cut into cubes. Roast for 20 minutes in the oven and allow to cool.
- Puree the pumpkin pieces with a blender. Use 220 g of the puree for the dough, leave the rest to one side.
- Mix the Joya Organic Oat Drink or Joya Oat Chia Drink with the cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix the margarine with the sugar using a food processor or blender. Gradually add the eggs, pumpkin puree and spices and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Now add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix. Then add the Oat Drink and cider vinegar mixture and the vanilla extract and mix.
- Grease a rectangular cake tin or a deep tray (approx. 29 x 19 cm) and dust with flour, pour out any excess flour. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the tin and smooth it out. Bake for 45 minutes at 180 °C. Once cool, cut into rectangular slices.
Freeze the leftover pumpkin puree or use it for soups, muffins or other pumpkin recipes.
Instead of ready-made gingerbread spice, you can also use your own mix of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cardamom.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango