Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
The classic French dessert gets an exotic touch from coconut and lemongrass. This crème brûlée looks irresistible and is easy to make!
Preparation Time300 min.
Waiting Time25 min.
- 100 ml Joya Organic Coconut Cuisine
- 200 ml
- 1 piece/s lemongrass
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 g sugar
- 2 piece/s kaffir lime leaves
- 4 tbsp starch
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 120 °C.
- For the crème brûlée, cut the lemongrass into quarters lengthwise. Put the coconut milk, Joya Soya Drink Chilled and Joya Organic Coconut Cuisine in a pan with 100 ml water and the sugar and bring to the boil. Add the lemongrass and lime leaves and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix the starch with a little water. Mix the lemon juice and mixed starch while stirring constantly. Simmer for a few minutes, remove the lemongrass and lime leaves, pour the mixture into gratin dishes and place on a baking tray.
- Allow to thicken in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Chill in the fridge for approx 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cane sugar and flambé.
This recipe comes from the book “Vegan für Genießer” (Vegan for Connoisseurs), Neuer Umschau Buchverlag