Linzer cookies are an absolute Austrian cookie classic that cannot be missed on a Christmas table. Using Joya Cuisine instead of butter and eggs, the cookies become even lighter and fluffier!
1. Mix icing sugar, flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Cut the cold, vegan margarine into cubes and work it into the flour with your hands.
3. Mix in the Joya cuisine and lemon peel and knead into a dough. Form a ball, wrap it with foil and let it rest in the fridge for an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Halve the dough and roll out one of the two balls to a thickness of approx. 3mm (preferably between two sheets of baking paper so that the dough is easier to handle).
6. Cut out cookies and place them on a baking sheet. Repeat with the second ball of dough.
7. Bake the cookies for 9 minutes and then let them cool.
8. Sprinkle the top halves with icing sugar and spread apricot jam on the bottom halves. Then assemble the cookies and enjoy or store them in a cookie jar.
FOR THE DOUGH
100 g icing sugar
350 g flour
1 pkg vanilla sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
200 g vegan margarine
3 tbsp Joya Soya Cuisine
1/2 tsp lemon peel
FOR THE FILLING
50 g apricot jam
3 tbsp icing sugar