Low-Sugar Strawberry Tart
Fruity strawberries are a pleasure beyond compare: wonderfully fresh, the epitome of summer, and deliciously sweet by nature. They are the undisputed stars of this summery tart, and prove once again what they are made of: this recipe only contains natural sugars, and it tastes amazing without any added sugar!
Preparation Time120 min.
Waiting Time25 min.
- 300 g ground almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g de-stoned dates
- 0.5 tsp ground vanilla
- 4 tsp agar-agar
- 800 g Dream & Joya Almond with Yogurt Cultures Strawberry
- 200 ml Joya Almond Drink
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 piece/s mint leaves
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- For the base, blend the ground almonds with the dates, salt and ground vanilla in a food processor until a sticky dough is produced.
- Line a tin (approx. 20cm diameter) with baking paper and spread the dough evenly. Press down the base evenly and about 2cm up the sides. Then store in a cool place.
- For the filling, whisk the Joya Almond Drink 0% Sugar with the agar-agar and bring to the boil briefly, stirring constantly. Then fold the strawberries into the Dream & Joya Almond with Yogurt Cultures Strawberry and pour the mixture onto the base. Leave to set in the fridge for about two hours.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stalks, and cut into quarters. Scatter over the tart and drizzle with maple syrup. Garnish with mint and serve.