Melt-in-the-Middle Chocolate Gingerbread Puds
These vegan gingerbread puds filled with melted chocolate and garnished with a selection of berries are the delicious pinnacle of any self-respecting Christmas menu. Gorgeously chocolatey!
Preparation Time20 min.
Waiting Time45 min.
- 380 ml Joya Almond Rice Drink
- 250 g flour
- 100 g margarine
- 70 g cocoa
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 40 g ground almond
- 20 g corn or potato starch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 0.5 tsp powdered ginger
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- 50 g raspberries
- 50 g blackberries
- 50 g cranberries
- 50 g blueberries
- 1 pack/s cream of tartar
- 4 tsp gingerbread spices
- 50 g hazelnut nougat couverture
- 50 g physalis
- 50 g kiwi berries
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (convection oven).
- To make the gingerbread puds, mix the flour, cocoa, starch, almonds, sugar, and baking powder. Melt the margarine and stir in the Joya Almond Rice Drink .
- Prepare four ovenproof soufflé molds: grease with vegetable fat and pad in the ground almonds. Cut the couverture chocolate into one or two finger-sized pieces. Fill the molds with the dough up to halfway. Place the piece of couverture chocolate in the middle and cover it with the rest of the dough. Please note: Do not fill the molds to the top, otherwise they will spill over.
- Place the puddings into the oven and bake for 16-20 minutes. Now and again, test with a skewer or touch gently to gage stability.
- Carefully tip the puddings onto a plate, and turn upright using a wide-bladed knife. Arrange the berries on the side and dust the cakes with a little powdered sugar to finish.
Depending on your oven, baking times may vary!
Thanks to Stephan Schnedlitz from vegandreams.at for this recipe!