Oat Cookies with Chocolate Chips
These oat cookies are better than ready-made ones and really easy to make. Perfect when you fancy something sweet!
Preparation Time30 min.
Waiting Time25 min.
- 300 g oats
- 165 g flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 150 g butter
- 75 g sugar
- 1 piece/s egg
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 200 ml Dream & Joya Organic Oat Drink 200 ml
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat the margarine, syrup (or sugar) for 1 minute with a handheld mixer or food processor. Mix the egg with the Joya Organic Oat Drink . Add the oat drink & egg mixture to the margarine & sugar mixture and continue stirring until all ingredients are well mixed. Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture. Finally, add the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form small balls of dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press the balls slightly flat. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the oat cookies to cool slightly on the tray, then remove from the tray using a spatula and allow to cool completely.
If you prefer vegan cookies, simply replace the egg with half a mashed banana or 80 g of apple sauce. More tips on “veganizing” recipes can be found here.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango