Plantbased Sweet Braided Bread
Get ready for your plant-based Easter Brunch. Try this easy vegan yeast dough recipe for delicious sweet braided bread or fluffy easter buns.
Preparation Time45 min.
Waiting Time120 min.
- 260 ml Joya Organic Soya Drink 0% Sugar
- 100 g vegan margarine
- 1 pack/s fresh yeast
- 500 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp Bourbon vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 50 g coarse sugar
- Slowly heat 250 ml Soya Drink and then gradually add the vegan margarine. Stir until the margarine has melted, then remove the pan from the heat and crumble in the yeast. Mix well until all of the yeast has dissolved.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, vanilla powder and lemon zest and then pour in the soya drink yeast mixture. Work everything into a firm dough with a dough hook. Knead by hand for 2-3 minutes then cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it reast for at least 1 hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, divide it into 3 pieces, work 3 strands and braid the dough loosely together to form one loaf. Let the breaded bread rest for another 30 minutes.
- Brush the bread with the rest of the Joya Soya Drink and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake in the preheated oven at 160C° for approx. 30 minutes. When the bread has finished baking, leave in the switched-off oven for another 15 minutes. Then serve fresh or store in a bread box.
View all Recipes
Vegan Frittata with Veggies and Almond Feta
Pasta al Limone
Banana Split Smoothie