Pumpkin salad bowl with vegan cream cheese
When it gets colder in autumn, we love hearty salads. Treat yourself with a warm salad bowl made of tender wheat and pumpkin, garnished with crunchy fruit and a plant-based “cream cheese” dip. The secret: a little patience ;)
Preparation Time1440 min.
Waiting Time25 min.
- 125 g Joya Organic Tofu Natural
- 200 g Joya Soya Yogurt Alternative Natural
- 200 g hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 Stk. apple
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 0.5 tsp caraway seed
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 0.5 Stk. juice of lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp yeast flakes
- 120 g tender wheat
- Prepare the vegetable “cream cheese” the day before. To do this, place a sieve over a bowl and cover it with a fine cotton cloth or coffee filter. Add the Joya Organic Yogurt Alternative and let it drain overnight in the fridge. The yogurt alternative turned into a curd cheese or quark alternative. Mix it with tofu in a blender and season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and a little olive oil. For typical „cheesy“ taste you can add ½ tsp of yeast flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Wash the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes. Mix with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika powder and caraway seeds and spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes.
- Cook tender wheat according to the instructions in slightly salted water.
- Wash and clean the rocket and core the apple and cut into slices.
- Now serve the bowls. Fill the bowl about halfway with tender wheat, then sprinkle with pumpkin, apple and arugula. Garnish with a dollop of vegan cream cheese.
Roasted tofu cubes also taste great with this pumpkin bowl!
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Veganista’s Cookie Ice Cream
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes