Lusciously fruity, creamy and sweet – this recipe proves beyond doubt that traditional dishes can be transformed into totally vegan indulgence.
Preparation Time20 min.
Waiting Time720 min.
- 500 g Joya Soya Yogurt Alternative Natural
- 100 g Cashew
- 50 g sugar
- 20 g cornstarch
- 0.5 g vanilla powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 100 g raspberries
- 50 g vegan margarine
- 1 piece/s strudel dough
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- The previous evening, place a sieve lined with a clean kitchen cloth over a bowl. Put the soya yogurt into the cloth and tie it up securely with a rubber band. Leave in the fridge overnight so that it can drip through the cloth and turn solid.
- Put the cashew nuts in a bowl and cover with water; leave to stand overnight as well.
- The next day, strain the cashews and put them in a mixer along with the sugar, corn starch, vanilla and lemon peel. Blend into a smooth puree. Depending on how powerful your mixer is, you might like to add some liquid, for example a soya drink, to make it easier to puree the mixture. Please note: Don't let the mixture become too runny!
- Add the soya 'gurt and the raspberries to the cashew mixture.
- Melt the margarine. Roll the strudel dough onto a baking tray and brush with the margarine. Place the filling into the middle, fold over the edges, and brush these with margarine too.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and bake the strudel for 25-30 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
View all Recipes
Vegan Germknödel ‒ fluffy dumplings with plum jam
Grilled Cucumber & Corn Salad with Oat Dressing