Refreshing Cold Cucumber Soup
Summer's in; hot dishes are out. Chilled dishes like this divine cucumber soup are an enjoyable way to keep cool on hot summer days. An ideal treat for guests, and – when served in tall glasses – a real eye-catcher at barbecues!
Preparation Time90 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 piece/s white onion
- 1 piece/s cucumber
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 pinch dill
- 150 ml Joya Organic Oat Cuisine
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash the cucumber and chop into rough chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat. Fry the onion until glazed, then add the cucumber. Continue frying briefly.
- Add the vegetable stock and leave to simmer for five minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for another five minutes.
- Blend the soup in a blender and leave to cool.
- Store in the fridge and mix with Dream & Joya Organic Oat Cuisine before serving.
- Garnish with dill.