Sweet Coconut Sushi
Sushi as a dessert? Every sushi fan’s dream comes true with our simple recipe for sweet coconut sushi!
Preparation Time20 min.
Waiting Time20 min.
For the rice
- 450 ml Joya Coconut Drink
- 200 g sushi rice
- 4 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 250 g Seasonal Fruit
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 150 g red fruits
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- Heat the Joya Coconut Drink and refine with rice syrup and vanilla powder.
- Rinse the rice well in a fine kitchen sieve and add to the simmering liquid. Simmer for 18 minutes over the lowest heat and allow to soak until the rice is still slightly al dente. Allow to cool and season to taste with desiccated coconut.
- While the rice cools, cut your chosen fruit (depending on the season e.g. strawberries, pomegranate seeds, apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit or oranges) into thin strips or slices. It’s best to fillet citrus fruits. Put the cut fruit in different bowls and drizzle each with a different nut oil.
- Use a tablespoon to remove a serving of cooled rice and with slightly moistened fingers and the palm of your hand shape it into small nigiris - that’s the name of this type of sushi. Place the different marinated fruit slices on top.
- Instead of soy sauce, the sweet nigiris are best dipped in pureed red fruits. Simply puree some red fruits (fresh or frozen) with some rice syrup until smooth.
Instead of fruit puree, you can also use marmalade.
View all Recipes
Green rice paper wraps with crispy tofu & peanut sauce
Oat Pecan Cookies
Zucchini Lasagna with Cashew Ricotta