Vegan Apricot Dumplings
A classic in Austrian cuisine: Fruity apricots, delicate dough and almond & cinnamon breadcrumbs make these vegan apricot dumplings so irresistibly good.
Preparation Time10 min.
Waiting Time40 min.
- 50 g margarine
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 150 g flour
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 10 Stk. apricots
- 50 g almonds
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 300 ml Joya Organic Soya Drink
- First, thoroughly wash and pit the apricots.
- Boil the maple syrup and margarine in the Joya Organic Soya Drink. Once the margarine has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the stove and slowly stir in the flour. A tight dough, which comes away from the bottom of the pan, should gradually form.
- While the dough cools, put a large pan of water (no salt!) on to boil.
- Now carefully knead the apple sauce into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions and mold into dumplings together with the apricots. This is easier to do with moistened hands.
- Put the dumplings into the boiling water and immediately reduce the temperature.
Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the almond-cinnamon breadcrumb mixture. To do this, melt a little margarine in a frying pan. Then add breadcrumbs, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla sugar and brown lightly.
- Drain the cooked apricot dumplings and roll them in the breadcrumb mixture.
This recipe comes from the Joya Social Media team.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango