Vegan Apricot Dumplings
A classic in Austrian cuisine: Fruity apricots, delicate dough and almond cinnamon breadcrumbs make these vegan apricot dumplings so irresistibly good.
Preparation Time10 min.
Waiting Time40 min.
- 300 ml Joya Organic Soya Drink 0% Sugar
- 50 g margarine
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 150 g flour
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 10 piece/s apricots
- 50 g almonds
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- First, thoroughly wash and pit the apricots.
- Boil the maple syrup and margarine in the Joya Organic Soya Drink. Once the margarine has completely dissolved, remove the pan from the stove and slowly stir in the flour. A tight dough, which comes away from the bottom of the pan, should gradually form.
- While the dough cools, put a large pan of water (no salt!) on to boil.
- Now carefully knead the apple sauce into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions and mold into dumplings together with the apricots. This is easier to do with moistened hands.
- Put the dumplings into the boiling water and immediately reduce the temperature.
Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the almond-cinnamon breadcrumb mixture. To do this, melt a little margarine in a frying pan. Then add breadcrumbs, almonds, cinnamon and vanilla sugar and brown lightly.
- Drain the cooked apricot dumplings and roll them in the breadcrumb mixture.
View all Recipes
Vegan Germknödel ‒ fluffy dumplings with plum jam