Vegan Carnival Donuts
Donuts are an important part of the carnival season! With this recipe, they are also vegan and irresistibly good.
Preparation Time80 min.
Waiting Time40 min.
- 250 ml Joya Almond Oat Drink
- 42 g yeast
- 200 g vegetable margarine
- 500 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 piece/s vanilla bean
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 tsp lemon zest
- 400 g vegetable fat
- 450 g vegan apricot jam
- For the dough of the carnival donuts, first dissolve the fresh yeast in the Joya Almond Oat Drink and slowly melt the margarine in a small pan. Now stir the drink with the dissolved yeast into the liquid margarine and let it cool a little.
- In the meantime, mix the flour, sugar, cornstarch, a pinch of salt, some vanilla pods (from the mill or a scraped-out bean) and the lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the liquid mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it to rest in a warm place for about 60 minutes.
- After resting, roll it out to approx. 2-3 cm thick on a floured surface. Now cut out small circles using a medium-sized drinking glass and leave to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the vegetable fat over a medium heat in a frying pan and fill the piping bag with jam (use the longest and thinnest nozzle).
- Once the fat is hot enough, carefully place the circles in the frying pan and bake covered. Don't forget to turn them after approximately 3 minutes. The donuts should be evenly baked and not too dark.
- Remove the finished carnival donuts from the frying pan and drain. Carefully fill the donuts with jam using the piping bag and don’t overfill them with too much jam. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still hot and slightly tilt them while cooling so that the jam doesn't leak out.
Enjoy your meal!
Thanks to Seems Incredible for this recipe.
View all Recipes
Vegan French Toast with caramelized bananas
Almond Lavender Macchiato
Iced Chocolate Frappé