Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
These vegan cinnamon rolls are a pure delight and the perfect companion for any coffee break or tea party. They are fluffy, sweet and yet low in sugar, making them an excellent dessert for anyone who likes to eat consciously.
Preparation Time45 min.
Waiting Time90 min.
- 500 g flour
- 250 ml Dream & Joya Almond Drink Protein
- 1 pack/s dry yeast
- 0.5 TL salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp vegan butter
- 400 g dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g pecan nuts
- For the dough, melt the margarine in a pan over low heat, add the drink and warm up slowly. Add the yeast and mix well.
- Mix flour with salt and sugar in a food processor and add the remaining ingredients for the dough. Knead all ingredients for about 5 minutes to form a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and leave it to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: To do this, roughly chop the dates and put them in a pan with 80ml of water. Cover and simmer over a low heat until the water has evaporated. Keep stirring and mash the date pieces with a fork until the mixture has a creamy consistency. Add the cinnamon and leave it to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and spread the cream on it. Roll it up lengthwise and cut into 6-7 pieces.
- Grease a baking tin and place the pieces in it, cut side up. Leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the cinnamon rolls with the drink and bake them for 25 minutes.
- After baking, brush the warm cinnamon buns with maple syrup and leave them to cool a little bit. Garnish with chopped pecans and serve immediately.
View all Recipes
Plantbased Sweet Braided Bread
Banana Split Smoothie
Pasta al Limone