Vegan French Toast with caramelized bananas
What used to be a good way to use up stale slices of bread has long since become more than that. French Toast is now a wonderful and versatile dish to start the day with. The quick breakfast is refined with fresh fruit or, like in this recipe, with caramelised bananas. A dreamlike pleasure, completely without egg and milk!
Preparation Time15 min.
- 4 piece/s bananas
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 slice/s toast
- 3 tbsp soy flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash/es ground nutmeg
- 1 dash/es salt
- 120 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 500 ml Dream & Joya Almond Drink Protein
- Mix soy flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple syrup and Dream & Joya Almond Drink Protein in a large flat bowl.
- Heat rapeseed oil in a large pan at high heat.
- Briefly dip the slices of toast into the liquid, let them drip off a little and then immediately put them into the hot pan and fry them until crispy on both sides.
- Cut the bananas into slices and put them together with the maple syrup into a hot pan on medium heat. Let the maple syrup thicken around the bananas for about 3-5 minutes.
- Divide French toast and bananas into 4 plates, garnish with sugar and mint and serve.