Wholegrain Bread with Chia Seeds
There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked bread. With the grain power of oats, sesame, poppy seeds, chia seeds and flaxseed meal, this tastes particularly good.
Preparation Time30 min.
Waiting Time25 min.
- 500 g wheat flour
- 500 g rye flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp caraway
- 0.5 tbsp fennel
- 2 tbsp sesame
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp oatmeal
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 40 g fresh yeast
- 800 ml Dream & Joya Organic Oat Drink 200 ml
- Add the yeast cube to the lukewarm Joya Organic Oat Drink and dissolve by stirring.
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add the Oat Drink mixture. Then add the salt and spices and finally knead in the sesame, poppy seeds, chia seeds, oatmeal and flaxseed meal.
- Knead the dough extensively and place in a sealable bowl. There should be enough room for the dough to rise. Seal the bowl and let it stand for approx. 1 hour in a bath of hot water.
- When the dough has approximately doubled in size, take it out again and knead it into the desired shape. Cover with a tea towel and let it rest again for approx. 30 mins in a warm place. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with sesame seeds, as you like, and bake for approx. 30 mins at 200°C.
View all Recipes
Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Vegan Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes
Superfood Smoothie with Mango