Have you ever tried risotto with Joya Rice Cuisine? This plant-based risotto with mushrooms and spinach is particularly creamy and hearty and is perfect for the first cooler days of autumn.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Finely chop the onion and cut the tofu and mushrooms into small pieces.
2. Heat olive oil on medium/high heat. Sauté onion first, then add mushrooms and tofu and sauté until cooked through. Deglaze with white wine.
3. In a large baking dish, mix onion, mushrooms and tofu with risotto rice, vegetable broth and Joya cuisine.
4. Cover with aluminum foil or a suitable lid and place in oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove foil or lid and place in oven for another 20 minutes or until risotto is creamy. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove baked risotto from oven, fold in spinach and nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
50 ml Joya Organic Rice Cuisine
250 g mushrooms
200 g tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
100 ml white wine
300 g risotto rice
700 ml vegetable broth
1 handful of baby spinach
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 pinch of salt & pepper