These vegan cinnamon buns are a pure delight and the perfect companion for any coffee break or tea party. They are fluffy, sweet and yet low in sugar, making them an excellent dessert for anyone who likes to eat consciously.
1. For the dough, melt the margarine in a saucepan on low heat, add the Joya drink and heat slowly. Add yeast and whisk well.
2. Combine flour with salt and sugar and mix in a food processor with the remaining ingredients for the dough. Knead for about 5 minutes to form a smooth dough.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place without drafts for about an hour.
4. In the meantime, prepare the filling: To do this, roughly chop the dates and put them in a pot with 80 ml of water. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water has evaporated. Stir repeatedly, crushing the date pieces, until the mixture has a creamy consistency. Add the cinnamon and let cool.
5. Roll out the dough and spread with the cream. Roll lengthwise and cut into 6-7 pieces.
6. Grease a baking pan and place the pieces in it, cut side up. Leave to rise for another 20 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the buns with a little Joya drink and bake for 25 minutes.
8. After baking, brush the warm cinnamon buns with maple syrup and let them cool down a bit. Garnish with chopped pecans and serve preferably still warm.
250 ml Joya Almond Protein Drink
400 g pitted dates
1 tsp cinnamon
500 g flour
1 package instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
5 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp. maple syrup
100 g pecans