This creamy green soup is a delicious combination of asparagus, coconut and basil.
1. Wash the asparagus and cut into small pieces. Set aside the tips and ends.
2. Bring water with asparagus ends to the boil and cook for 15 minutes. Discard the ends and save the "asparagus water".
3. Chop the green onion and set aside a few pieces for garnishing. Sauté the chopped onions and asparagus (not the tips) in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Mix the "asparagus water" with the fried asparagus, green onion, Joya drink and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
5. Add the almond butter and lime juice and puree finely with a blender. Season to taste with pepper and salt.
6. Sauté the asparagus tips in remaining olive oil for 5 minutes.
7. Divide the soup among 4 soup plates. Garnish with asparagus tips, spring onion and basil and serve.
400 ml Joya coconut drink
500 g green asparagus
5 spring onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp white almond butter
1 pinch of pepper
1 handful of fresh basil