Rumor has it that Emperor Franz Josef loved this dessert. We have reinterpreted the fluffy Kaiserschmarrn into a vegan version that proofs that you don't need cow's milk or eggs to create an amazing dessert.
1. For a fluffy Kaiserschmarrn, first sieve the flour into a bowl. Add the cornstarch, baking powder, salt, sugar and the vanilla pulp from half a vanilla pod.
2. Gradually add the Joya drink, lemon juice and water and mix to a loose batter. If it is too runny, add a little more flour.
3. Leave the dough to rest for a few minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Pour in half of the batter. Cook until golden brown, turn carefully and finish cooking.
5. With two forks or spatulas, tear the Schmarrn into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
6. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
7. Sprinkle the finished Kaiserschmarrn with a little icing sugar and serve with sultanas, sliced almonds and apple sauce as desired.
300 ml Joya 3.5 % oat drink
150 g flour
50 g corn starch
2 tsp baking powder
50 g sugar
1 pinch of salt
½ vanilla pod
1 tbsp lemon juice
50 ml sparkling water
Oil for frying